Friday, March 29, 2013

High Five for Friday!

Happy Friday! It's been a pretty good week... and this is the time I get to tell you about the five highlights of mine.

Without further ado, here are the things that made me pretty happy this week:

1. I taught the Angsty Teen and the Stern German that they can't break an egg like this:
I always had heard...and had probably tried it years ago... that you can't break an egg by squeezing it the way I'm trying in the picture. It's true. The Stern German couldn't even break it using his manly, brute strength.

2. I'm happy that I keep an large arsenal of vinyl gloves in my parents' trunk.
Not sure you really want to hear this story...
Just trust me when I say I'm glad I keep these on hand... literally. Definitely a highlight of my week... not the actual using of the gloves... but having a mass quantity of them readily available.

3. I went to Andrea's mom's cooking class again... for the third month in a row!!!
Yes, she is a cute, young, thin MN blogger... If she wasn't so nice, I would have to hate her.
It has been wonderful to take a break from my life each of the past three months and spend time with some great people while sipping wine and trying out some new recipes.

4. We are going to visit Kati for Easter... but she actually came home last night for a one-night stay... you can find out why here.
This may or may not have something to do with Kati's visit...
5. The Stern German shared a hilarious story with us... I laughed so hard I was crying...

When I was gone to my cooking class, the Stern German had a tricky situation arise. He texted me about it... and I couldn't stop laughing as I read his text.  

It's kind of an embarrassing story for him... so I wasn't going to tell the girls. (Well, maybe I would've told them after a glass or two of wine... )

He shared a condensed version of the story with the Angsty Teen at supper... but when Kati got home, he told them the whole story... I laughed until I cried.
Almost couldn't breath.... just kept laughing!
Well, those are the highlights of my week. I'm excited to drive to Omaha to spend more time with Kati. (She is heading back there today.) The Angsty Teen is looking forward to it as well... 

It will be a fun weekend!

I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Join me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate to bring you:
Incorporating Color

2 comments:

  1. I'm so going to have to try that egg thing. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've been going to the cooking class so often! It sounds like there is a MN blogger one being planned - I'm super excited for that!

    ReplyDelete