Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....

This is not really my GBU post  .well...it looks like my post...but, it's not.

This is a mini-GBU post...but, if my day today continues like yesterday...this might actually be my post... Dang.

The Good:
I am safe. I am warm. I am...

The Bad:
not.at.Kati's....yet.

The Ugly:
The "rain that would turn to snow by 5:00 p.m."  turned to blowing, blizzarding conditions by 1:00 p.m.

I had thought I would be at Kati's close to 3:00... That was not to be.

I slept in a church...one hour from Kati...just glad I wasn't in the major accident five miles up the road that shut down both sides of the interstate...for at least five hours.

Glad I was not stuck in my car for those five hours right behind the accident...in the blizzard...needing, desperately, to pop a squat...

So I'm eating sausage and pancakes in a Presbyterian church...in Avoca, Iowa.

So even though this wasn't how I planned for my day/night to go... It has definitely been an adventure...

And, in all reality, this is probably all I will write today!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader. I came across your blog on Your My Favorite Today. I have to say, at the risk of sounding all serious (which I'm not good at, anyway), I LOVE your attitude! So many people would focus completely on the negative, but you turned it into a cheerful post that focused on the positive ("Glad I wasn't in the accident...glad I wasn't stuck in the car for those 5 hours...") Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I hope you got there safely!! Luckily you were able to stop somewhere warm and safe

    ReplyDelete