Monday, April 22, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

It was a great weekend. Lots of laughter, a few margaritas, a little wine... okay, maybe a little more than a little wine, a little shopping, and lots of hanging out!

I went down to Omaha to visit Kati while the Angsty Teen went to a youth conference for church and the Stern German held down the fort.

The Good: I thought of a fun, unique, and what I thought was cheap, solution for holding Kati's curtains over to the side of her windows.
I'd seen this in a magazine quite a while ago... thought it would work well...
We went to Menard's and all the guys were MORE than happy to help youthful, gorgeous Kati!

The Bad: The cost was starting to add up with each little piece of plumbing hardware we needed...
The Ugly: The pieces came to nearly $40. This was no longer a fun, cheap project.

So we ended up going to Target. Curtain holder-backers (that's probably not what they're really called) were about $10 a pair. That would've only cost $20 for both windows... but being the cheapskates that we are... we solved the problem for under $5... and it looks pretty great. (Go to her blog to see pics!)

The Good: We both bought new bras.
The Bad: We decided to go and be fitted to make sure we were wearing/buying the right size.
The Ugly: We got fitted... (or as we referred to it "got our ta-tas touched")
(via
Well, the ta-ta touching wasn't terrible... but the girl who measured us didn't really do that great of job... We figured out our own sizes... and the new bras made our ta-tas look great!

The Good: Kati and I cooked delicious food for every meal... We didn't eat out once.
Stuffed mushrooms
Eggs Benedict with a ton of asparagus!!
The Bad: The weekend went by much too quickly...
The Ugly:  I ran into a terrible thunderstorm on the drive home... I could hardly see. At least it was short.

I was white-knuckling it for about half an hour...

Well, that's my weekend wrap-up. The Angsty Teen will be coming in the door any second from Variety Show practice which she went to as soon as she got home from her weekend away... She will be hungry and tired.

I'd better batten down the hatches...

6 comments:

  1. Good that you got to spend the weekend with your daughter but that sucks about the storm on your home!! I hate driving in those conditions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. I love spending time with my daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that food looks amazing! Sorry about the crappy drive home, is it summer yet?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great weekend :) And I agree with Becky - IS IT SUMMER YET?

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great weekend! I too love a little/lot of wine..but there is nothing wrong with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I just put two and two together and realized that your daughter is the one that does this link-up! Ya'll are so precious...and remind me of me and my mother! Definitely one of your newest followers!

    ReplyDelete