Monday, April 8, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The weekend is over... Saturday was crazily busy...and Sunday was not quite as bad...

 I'm linking up with Kati and Kate to bring you:
Incorporating Color
The Good: I've officially declared war on Box Elder Bugs.
(source)
The Bad: We have a lot of them throughout the house... mostly in the old basement that just stores our junk.. and my large assortment of bottles of alcohol... and the extra fridge for beer/wine...  Maybe those guys like my tequila...
The Ugly: I've been killing about 25 a day... for several days... nasty little things... but I have a plan... and those guys are goin' down. I'm not sharing my tequila anymore.

The Good: The Angsty Teen and I survived her horn solo!
I didn't mess up... and she came in whenever she was supposed to enter... kind of miraculous for us.
Yes, I know this isn't a solo... this is her horn ensemble... 
The Bad: The Angsty Teen didn't get a Superior rating...
The Ugly: As soon as we finished the solo (I was her accompanist...) the judge said, "Could I look at your music?"

That is not a good sign... Apparently the band director's assistant pulled the wrong arrangement for the Angsty Teen to give to the judge... the judge thought she was "free-styling it"... but it turns out, after looking at the music, the judge said, "I guess you were playing it as it was written..." That's good...

But the Angsty Teen was docked points for giving the wrong music to the judge...

The Good: I figured out a way to make a day last a lot longer!

The Bad: It isn't necessarily something I want to do everyday... or maybe ever again...
The Ugly: Yep, listened to a clarinet quartet... that song went on forever... and ever... and ever.

Listening to that quartet definitely made my morning seem to last forever.

There's nothing wrong with the clarinet... but I am glad that my girls didn't play that thing... tends to be a bit squeaky at times... and with four of them squeakin' and squawkin' throughout an entire song... well...

The Good: I put polish on my nails last week.
I have a UV light thingy... I'll have to tell you about it sometime... I really like it.

The Bad: I thought with all the folding/lifting/unfolding of various walkers and a wheelchair and all the piano practicing going on this week, I should get polish back on them.

The Ugly: This polish usually last about two weeks... this is my nails on THREE days later:
Been workin' my fingers to the bone, apparently...
The Good: The Angsty Teen & I had fun cooking together last night!

We put on our aprons, cranked the Pitch Perfect soundtrack, and made delicious garlic and chive mashed potatoes to go with the pork loin the Stern German was grilling...

The Bad: Forgot to cook a veggie... and I even had asparagus.
The Ugly: Neither the Angsty Teen or the Stern German noticed the lack of color on their plate... It's pretty much about the meat (Stern German) and the carbs (Angsty Teen).

Well, that's my weekend... time to head back down to the old basement... to get a glass of wine check for Box Elder bugs...

1 comment:

  1. I played the clarinet in fourth grade. Though easy to learn due to the fact that it was a reed instrument, it makes for a VERY painful few hours of forced family fun when we have to watch the home videos from 1999 :) To say that I was squeaky would be an understatement.

    ReplyDelete