Thursday, April 4, 2013

Top or Not-so-Top Ten

Here is a brief summation of my day yesterday:
Click here to read what my day held...

Ten times I asked the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy if he had to go to the bathroom on the hour long drive home. Why? Because he had two glasses of pop with his supper... and the bathrooms are few and far between on part of the road.

Had to check before we drove up to a town... as we were driving through a town... and just after we had driven out of a town!

Nine times he said he didn't have to go... and he even said that if he did have to go to the bathroom (since he drank the second glass of pop after I said I  didn't know if that was a good choice because of the lack of accessible bathrooms) he wouldn't admit it even if he had to go... not even if he was sitting in a puddle. Great. What a great plan.

Eight times I loaded/unloaded the necessary equipment from the car and trunk.
I should be pretty buff by now... but I'm not. Dang.
Seven hours were spent on this trip with my diabetic, geriatric, bariatric parents. (Plus I was with my dad for 1 1/2 hours in the morning... Such a long day.)

Six new top/jackets were purchased by and for my mom. (We stopped at her favorite store... yay for her!)
So glad she found some tops which make her feel pretty.
Yes, that's one of the blouses.... No, that's not my mom.
Five HUNDRED is the number of times I shook my head at the fact that my mother FORGOT HER DAMN HEARING AID.... I said.... 

SHE FORGOT HER DAMN HEARING AID. What?

SHE FORGOT HER DAMN HEARING AID. 

Clearly, that should've been on my list of thing to remember to bring from my post yesterday... But since we left town at 1:15 in the afternoon.... I assumed she would've had her hearing aid in by then...

But, you know what they say about assuming.... yeah... you shouldn't do it.

Four hours into the adventure, I was already feeling pretty wiped out.

Three pairs of extra Depends/shorts/pants is what I stashed in the trunk...

Two cocktails inhaled upon arrival at home... started to feel better... a little more relaxed...

One ass-wiping... which is totally, not at all like an ass-kicking... just sayin'...

Zero times is the number of times anyone shat their pants!!!!!  WINNING!

So, that's my day in a brief summary. Hope your day was at least slightly better than this...

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    New follower from the blog hop please come follow me back :)
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite the post. And it sounds like an extremely hectic day, but at least you made it out alive!
    Newest follower via GFC from the Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop!
    Christine
    www.musingsofasinglemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like you have some more of that spam!
    Sally, I don't know how you do it. You must have the patience of a Saint. I remember how hard it was with my mother with Alzheimers', but you have two parents who are so dependent on you. You are a special person.

    ReplyDelete