Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Memorable Memorial Day

Well, holidays are always interesting. Everyone is home... and by everyone, I mean the Stern German and the Angsty Teen... so... that kind of sucks....

I wish Kati had been here...because then I would've had her drink with me... but she's probably glad she wasn't here... (Am I right, Kati?)

Anyway, here's a not-so-brief photo album of our Memorial Day festivities along w/a short narrative...

Our town's annual Memorial Day program was held in the high school gym due to inclement weather.
The marching band played and there was a program honoring veterans from our county.

There was a really good turnout... The gym was pretty full. 

Band members and color guard members (note: Apparently, they don't like to be called "dancing flag girls"...) were dropping like flies... 

Well, I think only two passed out... but the power of suggestion was prevalent and at least a dozen others walked themselves out. Some were truly green... guess they locked their knees. That's a big no-no.

Trumpeters played "Taps" at the end of the program... 
Fortunately, the American Legion Firing Squad (yes, that's what they were called in the program... I didn't know we did that...) didn't try to do the rifle salute indoors...

Then we came home and had cheesy hash browns...  Yeah, well, the Stern German also had sausage, eggs, and toast... because lunch was still an hour away... and he gets crabby when he isn't well fed.
An hour later we went to have lunch with my dad. My mom wasn't feeling well, so she didn't join us.
The Angsty Teen drove us to lunch and back home again... It started out as fun for all involved...
 I had a text to get a free "Little Buddy" drink at the local Kwik Trip gas station... so we stopped there...
Apparently, although I find it difficult to believe, the Stern German was being really annoying before I got back out to the car...

So the Angsty Teen took his shoe off of his foot... that would be the foot that was up between the front seats kicking her. She threw the shoe in the parking lot.

I picked up the shoe and put it in her trunk.

He was amused.
She was slightly less amused...

The Stern German was totally annoying the driver... pulling on her seat belt... kicking the back of her seat... all the way home... only about a mile, but I'm sure it seemed longer to her...
The Angsty Teen yelled at him, "Calm your tits!" (He doesn't "care for that phrase.")
Well, he tried to calm them, I guess...
The Angsty Teen wasn't amused by the Stern German's antics... but really? That's not new.
When we got home... the Angsty Teen took the Stern German's shoe and put it on the roof of the car...
                               
Everyone, eventually, calmed their tits...  

Then... later Monday afternoon/early evening... we watched a movie... There's the Boom... Here Comes the Boom... It's the Boom... whatever... 

It was a time of FFF... Forced Family Fun... except for the Stern German... Clearly, no one forces him to do anything...

He spent beaucoup bucks on a new gun this weekend... but my time is coming... just sayin'...
 So, yeah... a while ago when I posted this picture... I had comments at how similar these two looked...
Now you understand a little bit more about each of them... and about my life with them... Dang.

#ihatemylife
#thisiswhyidrink
#butreally

2 comments:

  1. The calm your tits photo was the most hilarious thing I saw all weekend, I could not stop laughing. Those two are a hoot. Her driving though... eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete