Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Confident Idiots


Source: imgfave.com via Sally on Pinterest




About two weeks ago I finally went and got a pedicure. It wasn't fantastic... I definitely won't go back to the person... mostly because she made me two of my toes bleed. Dang.

While I was in this salon that was marketing itself as kind of an upscale place... which means that everyone there spoke English... which I initially thought would be a good thing... I overheard a couple of conversations. These conversations made me rethink the idea that being in a salon where English was the first language spoken was a positive thing...

The first conversation was between a salon employee and her client who was getting a pedicure:

Employee: I'm so sick of being sick. (As she's coughing up a lung and spreading germs everywhere...)
Client: You were sick when I was here a month ago... Haven't you gotten over it?
Employee: No, I've been sick pretty much the whole time.
Client: Last time you said you had gotten some antibiotics. Didn't that help?
Employee: Well, they started to help... so then I stopped taking them. Pretty soon I was sick again. Those things didn't work.

First of all... Who has time or money to get pedicures every month???

And... really? You STOPPED taking your antibiotics before the prescriptions was gone??? I'm pretty sure everyone who can read a label knows not to do that... Such an idiot.


Employee 2 to Employee 1: I can't come to your party this weekend. I'm hoping to be hanging out with my boyfriend.
Employee 1:Are you two back together?
Employee 2: Yep...

Employee 2 (to her client): Well, I mean we never really dated before... We just met up for two months at different bars. Then he stopped seeing me because that level of commitment freaked him out. So now we've started texting each other again. I think he's ready to get back together.

You never were a couple. He is afraid of that "level of commitment"? That's not any level of commitment. He's an idiot... move on. You are nearly 30 years old... it's time to figure this out.

To quote Greg Behrendt, author of He's Just Not that Into You:

“If he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs..."

Yep, that's definitely right. And, also...

"If the guy you’re dating doesn’t seem to be completely into you, or you feel the need to start ‘figuring him out,’ please consider the glorious thought that he might just not be that into you. And then free yourself to go find someone that is.” 

So, my advice in life? Don't be an idiot. And to all you single ladies?

Don't settle. Enjoy the season of your life you are in. Take your time and find someone that is totally into you... and don't waste time on someone who isn't totally into you... because chances are... you're the spectacular one in the relationship.

That's my advice... the advice of an old married lady. Thoughts?
Leslyn's Lovely Life

3 comments:

  1. Um those are some fantastic conversations, I'd go back there just to listen more!

    ReplyDelete