Friday, May 24, 2013

High Five for Friday!

Fridays sure come around quickly! This is my time to let you know the five highlights of my week:

1. The high school band director has put the new uniform order on hold.
I think I would've grown to like them... but they are just not fantastic. When you are spending nearly $100,000 on them they should be a bit more spectacular... just sayin'. 

2. I bought a transport chair for my dad. 


a. It weights about 1/3 as much as his wheelchair.
b. This will be great when we travel or go to the Farmers' Market.
c. I bought it on Craigslist and wasn't murdered in the process, so that's always a plus.

3. I was fortunate to be able to spend some time w/someone I love to spend time with.... ME!
Oh, Happy Hour... I love you.
I got around the metro area before rush hour on Wednesday... so I killed some time at a fun Happy Hour with just myself... and my computer. Thoroughly enjoyable!

4. I went to my monthly cooking class on Thursday & already made two of the items for supper!
Salad w/Chicken & Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing                                        Cinnamon Won Ton Cups with
                                                                                                                               Blueberry Fluff or Ice Cream filling
5. I survived hours and hours and hours of the Angsty Teen's horn practice this week.
Icing her sore lips with a popsicle for breakfast...
a. She couldn't find the music stand that is upstairs so she practiced right here in the living room
b. She left her horn in my car when I went to the Twin Cities for cooking class Wednesday... so she couldn't practice.
c. She woke up and was ready to go to school by 5:00 am Thursday... so she could practice her horn for two hours... at home... before she left... in the living room... near my bedroom. Damn.
d. She said her audition for Symphonic Band went very well on Thursday.
e. I suppose it was worth it... maybe.

That was my week in a nutshell... It was a pretty good week.

Now I'm just trying to figure out weekend plans. I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

4 comments:

  1. So bummed I missed all that tasty looking food!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. $100,000?!?! That's insane and yes, they should definitely be more spectacular than the Jetsons look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what that is you had for happy hour, but it looks good! So does that salad. I think I am hungry! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe the price of band uniforms. We went through purchasing them too.........and you want them to be pretty darn outstanding for the money you're spending!

    ReplyDelete