Thursday, May 2, 2013

Throwback Thursday... Stern German Version

Hallelujah! Can you hear it???? No? Then click on this:

The Stern German is gone! 

Not forever... but he left yesterday on a hunting trip.

When he is gone, I don't have to worry about making meals with meat... or meals at all. The Angsty Teen and I are fine with cheese and crackers or spinach artichoke dip with crackers or bread. Those may be tasty... but to the Stern German, they are not a meal.

So, in honor of my little Vacay with the Stern German Away... I am doing Throwback Thursday - Stern German Version.

Here are a few pics of the Stern German over the years...

I married him when Kati was five years old.  There are a couple of pictures of Kati and some friends of hers with the Stern German.
Two years later we had the child who come to be known as the Angsty Teen. She kind of looks like a doll in the bottom middle picture!

This is how he looks today... he would say that these pictures show his happy face.
But sometimes... when I ply his with alcohol... this is his happy face:
When he was good, he was very, very good... Hmmmm... does that sound familiar?
Hopefully he will kill something while he is gone... then he will come home happy.

Me? Well, while I get to not cook meals with meat... I still get to help my parents every single day, care for the Angty Teen, and spend way too much time in the garage with the beast:
He only has eyes for the Stern German.
I bought a new box of wine... and that should make the time in the garage more enjoyable... We'll see. I'll finish this post and head back into the house... I can only sit on a cushioned five gallon bucket for so long...

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha my mom and I would have waffles and ice cream or popcorn for dinner any time my dad was out with the guys for a night, it was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete