Thursday, May 16, 2013

Throwback Thursday

Years ago... I think when Kati was in junior high, or thereabouts, and the Angsty Teen was maybe in kindergarten... the girls, the Stern German, and I went on a trip to Austria. (No, not the place with the kangaroos, mate.)

While we were there we didn't frolic near the mountains....
 We didn't dress up in old curtains and tip over a boat...
Note: The Stern German wouldn't have worn those outfits anyway... plus if we had gone in a boat with the Stern German there's no way it would've tipped over.... "Safety first!" is his motto.

The Stern German and I didn't embrace in the gazebo... although that would've been a great picture... 
I did get a picture of the girls in front of the gazebo...
The gazebo wasn't nearly as big as it looked in the movie. Trick photography, I guess.
Throughout the trip we did a lot of normal things... like playing in the park... We were just trying to keep everyone happy. Well, that's not true. We were trying to keep the kindergartener from being cantankerous.

It worked...
Amused...
Well, it worked... sometimes.
Unamused...
I actually have a lot of pictures of the Angsty Teen being unhappy... from that trip... and... from life in general.

Oh, Angsty Teen... when she was good, she was very, very good... but when she was bad...

... well, this is why I drink...

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm dying!!!!!!!!!! What a great trip! That gazebo is a lot smaller than expected. What a piece of movie history though! LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete