Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Second Half

Yesterday I shared the first half of an article entitled "22 Things You Should Never Do Again After 50".
Some of the ones in the first half I'm not so sure I agree with... Stop doing JELL-O shots? That's on my list of things to try... (And, yes, Stephanie... I'm sure you're right when you say that I will not-so-secretly love them... that's why I'm waiting to try them... This could be dangerous.)

Well, here's the last half of the 22 things I shouldn't do now that I'm over 50... and some of them are dumber than the ones on the first half of the list:

12. Xtreme bingo cruises. I think I could pass on that one anyway...

13. Collecting owls made of shells, frogs made of ceramic or lawn gnomes made of anything- really, really anything. I agree with that one... but I think it should apply to anyone under age 50, too.

14. Playing basketball in high heels. Not something I would try. But, since this list isn't just for women... that really makes me wonder...

15. Throwing a wet T-shirt contest. Throwing a wet nightshirt contest. Really? You think at age 50 I would have to purposely work to lose a wet T-shirt contest? The girls are hangin' lower every year... nobody wants to see that... Trust me.

16.  Getting publicly and verbally excited about the number of stamps in your passport, zeroes in your paycheck, capital letters before or after your name (unless they're H.R.H.), number of names on your phone favorites list, number of people you could have married, the size of your acreage... or the size of your... anything else. Okay, that's kind of a long...  and strange item on the list... Maybe they are just trying to tell you to contain your enthusiasm.

17. Explaining your personal role in the fact that your kids "never really got into any of that stuff..." Huh?

18. Explaining your personal role in the fact that your kids got into an Ivy League college. Okay...

19. Explaining your personal role in starting te rumor that Paul was dead. Wikipedia explained that one to me here.

20. Single-spacing your Christmas letter. I get this one! Well maybe there are two reasons: 1. No one wants to read a lot about your life.
21. The Dougie. I'm not a dancer. I wish I was... but growing up in a fundamentalist home... dancing was considered a major sin. 

22. Giving up ---- ever. I disagree. I think it's okay to give up sometimes... It's good to know when to call it quits at times... Thoughts?

That's the list... I'd better go cancel my entry into the Dougie Dance Off... Pretty sure the Angsty Teen never wants to watch me do that dance anyway...

1 comment:

  1. I disagree with giving up too. Aren't they telling you to call it quits in every other number? Regardless, the other ones I agree, like basketball in high heels... not at any age...

    ReplyDelete