Thursday, June 20, 2013

Throwback Thursday

Earlier this week a girl that I was friends with in elementary school posted this picture on Facebook:
This picture was taken about 40 years ago. That's depressing.
It is a picture of four 3rd and 4th graders with our teacher. She was actually the best teacher I ever had.

Kind of an awful picture of me... I'm the tall kid in the back row next to the teacher. Not sure what I was doing... grimacing or something.

I was really tall. I'd kind of forgotten that I was that much taller than everyone else.

I was telling my mom about the picture. We started talking about the two new teachers at that school that year. My brother had the other new teacher. He was in 7th grade, his teacher was adorable, and all the junior high boys were in love with her.

That year my brother wrote an essay about going deer hunting with our dad and uncles up in northern Minnesota. He described how they all slept in a small hunting trailer... and that they had eaten beans for supper. He didn't think that was a very good combination...

Actually, my brother wrote "Unluckily we had eaten beans for supper."

His sweet, naive Christian school teacher who had just graduated from a nice, conservative Christian college crossed out the word "Unluckily" and wrote in "Unfortunately".

Apparently luck didn't have anything to do with it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment