Let it never be said that I didn't do the least I could do... that's what the Stern German and I say whenever one of us says "It was the least I could do." I digress.
It was a busy day of cooking and cleaning up... so much cleanup... and along with that I was dealing with the Angsty Teen who was having severe headaches from her concussed state (Nebraska?).
Anyway, it was an exhausting day. At least we didn't have to go to the ER for headache relief. That sounds extremely difficult to do out-of-state.
Supper at camp consisted of a lot of different things tonight... here are the things I remember:
- Lettuce salad - Cleaned it/cut it.
- Pistachio Pudding Salad - Mixed it up.
- Asian Peanut Noodle Salad - Made it... It's so good.
- Italian Pasta Salad - Made it (pepperoni, cheese, tomatoes, etc.)
- Cottage cheese - Dumped it.
- Vanilla pudding - Opened can and poured it.
- Chocolate pudding - Ditto.
- Applesauce - Ditto.
- Cinnamon applesauce - Ditto... but I added the cinnamon.
- Potato chips - I ripped open the bags and dumped them out.
- Ranch chip dip - I mixed it up...pretty tricky... Hidden Valley Ranch mix and sour cream... although I did cut my finger on the sour cream container... so... I gave it my all, clearly.
And, we had burgers with all of that...
In 100 degree heat I grilled 72 burgers.
Dang, it was hot. I was sweating in places I didn't know could sweat.
Along with all of that food went buns, pickles, cheese, ketchup, mustard, salad dressings, drinks, cups, forks, napkins, plates, etc.
It was kind of a putsy meal... (is that even a real word?) but I survived.
We were supposed to eat Kati's delicious Man-Keepin' Cookies for dessert...
|They kind of look anemic...|
That sounds incredibly intelligent of me. I may be smarter than I look...
Haha... yeah, right.