Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Five Things

As I sit here on Tuesday morning, here are five things I'm looking forward to for Wednesday:

1. Having no doctors' appointments... for either the Angsty Teen or my geriatric parents.

2. Going to COOKING CLASS!
I had to miss last month... first one I've missed since I started going in January. Dang.

The product of the month is Wildtree Rodeo Rub... sounds like an affliction you get from sitting in the saddle too long... but I'm sure it will be delicious.

I've really liked all the other products we've cooked with over the past months.
3. Using a Groupon and/or Living Social deal.
Either picking up some steaks at a meat place south of Minneapolis and/or going... paddle boarding!!!
(I just think that sounds like fun... so I bought a deal to try it out.)

4. Getting a pedicure.
After spending hours and hours on my feet at camp... and acquiring nastified feet... (huh, apparently that's not a real word...) I plan on getting a pedicure up in the Twin Cities on my way to the class.

5. Stopping at _______. 
You could pretty much fill in the blank with any fun store: TJMaxx, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods... pretty much anything but Walmart... well, that's not true, but you get the idea.

Now it's Tuesday evening. 
Things sure can change in a few hours... here's the new, not-so-improved, list of things I get to do on Wednesday:

  • Spend the morning with my bariatric, geriatric, diabetic, blind dad... I was going to do that anyway...
  • Pick up the Angsty Teen just before lunch.
  • Eat lunch with the Angsty Teen and my parents.
  • Drop the Angsty Teen off at home.
  • Take my mother to a doctor's appointment in a neighboring town.
  • Get my mom back home.
  • Head out of town to the cooking class... about four hours later than originally planned.
  • Get stuck in major rush hour traffic... bummer.

Sometimes I don't love my life so much.

If you're a mom, you probably don't really get to make plans much either... There are just too many people depending on you... and plans are always needing to be changed.

Guess I should just tell my self to "Suck it up, Buttercup." and stop whining... But I could really use a pedicure... Oh, well...

Maybe if I just rub my rough, dry feet together they can exfoliate each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment