Friday, July 5, 2013

High Five for Friday!

Here are five of the highlights from my week:

1. The Angsty Teen was thrilled... and then not so thrilled...
The Angsty Teen found out that the boys (my friend's sons and a friend of theirs) weren't going to be at camp for the first two days we were there... She was happy!

But then the boys came back... a day and a half early.


One of the boys is in the Angsty Teen's grade... and they get along great.

The boy a year older? He and the Angsty Teen fight like siblings... Last year he left his dirty underwear on the stairway... and the Angsty Teen stepped in them... she's never really gotten over that.

2. The Angsty Teen drove half of the 500 miles to camp. 
Her friend was either relaxed enough to fall asleep in the back seat... or she passed out from fright.
I've heard it both ways.

3. I got to use the big mixer! 
I mixed up eight batches of peanut butter cookie dough.

4.  We had a nice 4th of July.
At camp the kids swim in a man-made, murky pond. This is not the pond.
5. I get to see Kati later today!
She's pretty excited to come cook with me... I'm sure.
We will have fun in the camp kitchen making and baking things for about 90-100 people. I'm glad she is coming to help me again this year.

Hope your weekend is great. I'll be slaving away in the camp kitchen with Kati! (So much alliteration! Well, I should've said: "Cooking in the camp kitchen with Kati!")

2 comments:

  1. Pool time on the 4th is always fun! It was to rainy where I was to swim which was a bummer! Glad you had an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love going to summer camp :) I can't wait to return when I have kids! Looks like you are having a blast! Stopping by from H54F link up!

    ReplyDelete