Friday, August 2, 2013

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday! It's been a nice week here... I will tell you what my five highlights were:

1. I got to see Kati and meet That Guy in her life.
She seems really happy... and he seems pretty great. Yay!
2. The Stern German and I took The Grand Boys out for ice cream at Dairy Queen. 
It went surprisingly well considering there were two of us and three of them...
3. I was able to make salsa yesterday... so fun... and so good!
We canned 23 pints of of this batch... and we named it Huesca. Margaritas were definitely involved.

4. The Grand Boys' birthday presents arrived in time for their party this weekend.
This is for the four year old:                                      And I ended up getting this for the two year old:
Perplexus Rookie
bilibo


If they never figure out any way to play with the open-ended bilibo toy... it could always be a shell for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Halloween costume... so there is that...

5. I got rid of my snack shelf in my kitchen.
So that really means that I finally opened up the box of Pyrex stuff I bought super cheap on... um... well... Black Friday... but not last year...the year before.
I wasn't sure I had room for all of the pieces in my tiny kitchen... so they sat in a corner for the first year... then after that I moved the box to the side of my kitchen island.
I no longer have it to use as a shelf to store crackers.... but that's probably okay.

I hope you had a good week, too. The days are pretty long... but the years are short.

2 comments:

  1. I want a bilibo.
    And I'm totally serious.

    Kati's "guy" looks like he fit right in with your bunch. Ole'!

    :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy salsa! YUM! I'll bring the chips :) The ice cream pictures are super cute. I saw you on the link up :)

    http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete