Friday, August 9, 2013

High Five for Friday

Happy, Happy Friday! Here are the highlights from my week...

1. Yellow Supper was a hit on Monday night. 
When we had The Grand Boys we had a Yellow Supper. What did we eat?

  1. Macaroni and cheese (This could easily work for Orange Supper night as well...)
  2. Golden Delicious apple slices
  3. Corn on the cob
  4. Bananas
  5. Yellow pepper slices (One Grand Boy thought these were delicious since he got to dip them in ranch dressing.)
  6. Lemonade
  7. Banana and lemon pudding
The Grand Boys didn't even know what pudding was! But they had fun making it.
Almost everyone liked Yellow Supper...
He did like the food... but he didn't like Gpa putting a napkin over his head...
2. The diabetic, bariatric, geratric, blind guy and I made Eggplant Parmesan.
We layered it like lasagna... yum...

3. My mom had a nice birthday.
Really... what do you get an 83 year old who doesn't really need anything? Since she loves biscotti, i made her some almond biscotti (it was a Rachael Ray recipe) and topped it with melted white and milk chocolate chips.

My dad gave her these flowers...that I ordered and picked up and brought over...
4. The Angsty Teen has (so far) survived her week of 12 hour days of band camp... but Friday's not over yet... but at least on Saturday it's only an eight hour day... easy peasy...
5. Last night I was home alone for a few hours... and I FINALLY watched (after renting it two previous times and not getting to it...) Stolen Identity... nope, Identity Thief.

Well, I didn't actually finish the movie last night... but I will today!
(via)
I like movies that make me laugh... especially since I only watch a few movies a year! This did make me laugh.

I have no big plans for the weekend... but I should have a couple more hours home alone on Saturday afternoon... so that's pretty exciting!

Hope your weekend is great.



5 comments:

  1. I loved Identity Thief, so much laughter for sure! Visiting from High 5 for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow supper sounds delicious! And I love Melissa McCarthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eggplant made to look like lasagna is my favorite! I just saw Identity Thief recently. Took me a while to get into it, but I ended up really liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha "that I ordered and picked up and brought over"
    I want yellow supper now! Well, maybe just the mac and cheese part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom used to make egg plant parm all the time. I really need to get that recipe! I havent seen Identity Thief yet but it is definitely on my list. Looks like you had a fun week!

    ReplyDelete