Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of School

Today is the first day of school for the Angsty Teen. Yesterday just the 7th graders went for their orientation... today the 7-12 building will be inundated with the big kids.

It has been a good summer... the Angsty Teen's concussion headaches have improved a bit.

She had the lump taken off her eyebrow...

She went to New Orleans on a mission trip.

She came to camp with me... and Kati joined us!
Yes, it was hot...
She ate lunch with her grandparents a few times...  kind of stressful at times...


My usual thing to do on the first day of school... ever since the Angsty Teen was in first grade... was to pop open a bottle of something sparkly and have mimosas while reading the latest Janet Evanovich book.

It was always an enjoyable day.

I haven't done that since my parents moved to town... so that's rather sad...

Also? There isn't a new Janet Evanovich book out right now... and I'm not loving them as much anyway...

So I'm not sure what I'll do today. I will have to go get my dad by mid morning... so that pretty much limits my options.... I will take him to work out... then to Walmart... so that's pretty exciting.

Maybe, just for old time's sake I'll have to whip up a special concoction with a little orange juice...


1 comment:

  1. Happy first day of school to your daughter! :) I just love all her silly facial shots! She's such a riot!

    ReplyDelete