Friday, September 13, 2013

High Five for Friday

It's just past 1:00 am on Friday morning... I just got home from going to a funeral visitation for a friend's sister that was 4 1/2 hours away from my town. It's been a long day.

I should've written this post earlier in the day, but there really wasn't time. So, here are my five highlight from the week:

1. This guy is coming over to my house this morning to play for a few hours again. Yay!
Last Friday we played with water... I'd forgotten about that.
2. People have been giving me delicious tomatoes...  I've been making lots of fresh salsa... which of course needs delicious margaritas!
My margarita recipe isn't fantastic... yet... I'll keep trying.
 3. It was finally cool enough to cook risotto! Pheasant risotto with mushrooms and peas... so good.

4. I survived taking both of my parents to Walmart at the same time.
Yes, it was a little tricky. I'll share more another time!
5. Everyone is healthy enough in our family. Sometimes I take that for granted... but after hearing story after story yesterday about people with major health issues... the problems we have seem minor.


Hope you have a great weekend. We will be spending a lot of it with marching band. Should be fun!
The arrow is pointing toward The Concussed One... she isn't able to march...

3 comments:

  1. First off, you are an incredible friend driving 4 1/2 hours for the funeral. I know you must be exhausted now, emotionally and physically. I love the salsa, fresh tomatoes are the best. And of course you have to pair it with some margarita's! I hope you can relax and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making fresh salsa! So yummy!
    Come link up with us!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog!!!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete