Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Survivor!

Yes, I am a survivor... of the 65th Laporte High School Reunion!

It was a long, long, long, long (long, long, long, long, long, long) day... We left here around 10:00 am...

We stopped for a nice lunch at Chammps... around 12:30 pm...
We only stopped twice for the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric blind guy to go to the bathroom... thankful he didn't take his diuretic that morning... Thought we'd be stopping a lot more than that.

My theory was that if I drank a lot of water on the drive... that whenever I would need to go to the bathroom, so would he... my theory was a little faulty. I had to stop more than he did!

We met up with his classmates...
The classmates consisted of (front row left to right) his on-again, off-again junior high/high school girlfriend and his second cousin.. (back row) his first cousin and the guy he went to school with from 1st grade all through college.

It was a good day. The traveling went better than I even had hoped. But... I'm still a little tired!

Oh, and all the stories my dad tells about his school days? Apparently there's very little truth in any of those tales... No one else remembers stuff the way my dad does. Hmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! My Grandma still goes to her reunions too. Can you imagine knowing people for that many years? I think it's crazy to see how people I graduated with have turned out and it sure hasn't been THAT long :)

    ReplyDelete