Thursday, October 24, 2013

Life is Good

My wonderfully, long break from my life is nearing an end.
(via)
Kati has been dropped off at LAX and I don't return my rental car for about 2 1/2 hours. So... I'm sitting in a Starbucks... in a comfy chair... listening to some fun music... nibbling on a bagel... sipping a dark roast coffee with a shot of espresso coffee.

(Go big or go home, is my motto when it comes to coffee.)

This is not my normal life. In fact, this in no way, shape, or form resembles anything about my life.

No one here needs anything from me.

No one wants me to pick up groceries.

There are no meds to pick up.

There are no dirty clothes to wash.

I haven't made any meals for over a week.

And... drum roll please... I haven't wiped any butts. 

I've only been responsible for my own stuff for the most part.

All I have to do yet this morning is fill the rental car with gas, return the car, take the shuttle to the airport, and make my flight. And, I have plenty of time.

This has felt like a true vacation.

The Angsty Teen and I only did a few things in our three days here. We had a nice amount of down time.

I didn't have a lot of extra stuff planned while Kati was out here. We spent most of or time at the studio where Jeopardy! is taped or driving to and from the hotel to the studio.

Oh, and Kati and I spent a little time in the evenings eating great Mexican food... and sipping (haha... they went down way faster than "sipping" implies) margaritas.

It's been a nice break from my real life. I hate to think of jumping right back in with both feet tonight... and especially tomorrow morning...

Too bad I can't ease back into my duties... (decompression chamber, anyone?)

Oh, well... at least for now?


Life is good.

I will have to remember what this feels like.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck heading back to real life! If Kati is dropped off at LAX does that mean... no Sunday taping? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to enjoy a little break! Hopefully your transition back won't be too painful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. breaks always come at the right time. Hopefully you can come home slightly more relaxed and recharged!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what happened with Jeopardy?? And is the real Alex anything like the TV Alex??

    ReplyDelete