Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sue Fell

Wait... make that Sioux Falls... Oh, yeah... that's it.
This is the show from this year... For those of you who like band...

I have to get to go to Sioux Falls for marching band this weekend. (Not my favorite city... I'm sure there are some nice areas... I've never seen them.)

Last year Kati drove up from Omaha to meet me for the event. Kati and I were able to spend the day together and I got a hotel room and the three of us (insert Angsty Teen into the mix) got to spend some time together. A fine time was had by all.

It was a little chilly over there during the day... and a lot chilly in the evening. (The evening competition goes until about 11 pm.)

I checked the weather yesterday and was pleased to see that it was going to be about 65 and dry all day on Saturday... and about 55 in the evening.

Then last night I checked the weather again:
What????
A high temp of 43 degrees? 60% chance of rain? 34 degrees at night?!? Dang, Dang, Dang.

I don't have the right gear for this. In the last year the outer shell to my Columbia coat has disappeared...  but I do have some attractive, disposable rain ponchos... and the Stern German has some not-so-attractive warm hunting apparel... so I'm sure I'll figure something out. I definitely won't be winning any fashion awards.

Although maybe in South Dakota I'll look trendy... people hunt there, right?

It still sounds awful...

I'm probably gonna need a bigger flask if I really want to stay warm.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck staying warm - that forecast looks awful! :(

    ReplyDelete