Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hearing Fail

Yesterday I went to my parents' place to get my dad. I was going to take him to work out at the PT department at the hospital and then take him to Walmart. (All the while hoping upon hope that The Kit wouldn't be needed.)

I got there just as my mom was sitting down in the breakfast room getting ready to begin the chair aerobics dvd that someone was trying to get started on the dvd player. (She does this 2-3 times per week. Good for her!)


I went in and chatted with my mom for a few minutes. (And by "chatted" I mean I talked really, really loudly to her... and she answered me... really, really loudly.)


One of the ladies who was working on the tv/dvd player turned to my mom... who was way in the back of the room... and asked her if the video was loud enough for her. (At first my mom didn't hear her... so I told my mom that Wilma- what a great name- was asking if the dvd was loud enough for her.)

My mom said, "Yes, I can see it fine." (Um... mom? That's not what she asked you.)

The lady once more asked my mom about the volume... This time she asked, "Can you hear the video?" (My mom saw the lady was talking to her.. and so she answered...)

My mom replied, "No, you're not in my way." (Okay... you were really close that time, mom.)

As I chatted with my mom I commented on her sitting in the far back of the room. I knew in the sumer she sat back there under the air conditioner vent so it would cool her off. (My mom is hot...)

I said, "You are sitting awfully far back." My mom said, "I can't stand for the exercises that require standing." (What?? That doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about... Well, that doesn't have anything to do with what I was talking about!)

I (You've heard the definition of insanity, right?) tried again... "Mom, there's no need to sit back under the vent... there's no cool air coming out of it this time of year."

She responded, "Oh, I don't mind cool air. The cooler the better."

This is why I drink...

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh man, you can't make this up. Glasses of wine all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just crack me up ~ mainly because I can sooooo relate with the 'conversations' you have! We both keep the wine companies in full business ... J

    ReplyDelete