Friday, November 15, 2013

High Five for Friday

It has been another crazy, crazy week. I'd like to think that next week will be a little better... but you know the definition of insanity... don't you? It's attributed to Albert Einstein.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.   
Well, I guess that pretty much sums up my life and my outlook... dang... that's unfortunate.
Anyway... here are the five high lights of my week:
1. Kati's Jeopardy! Teachers Edition episode aired.
The Angsty Teen and I watched the show in the breakfast room where my parents live.
My dad couldn't see her... but he loved listening to her!
2. The Angsty Teen passed her driver's test. 
She has a license... to kill... or to get around town. (I've heard it both ways.)
No... none of these are her actual license pic.
3. In the past week I've made/cooked:
  • 12 dozen cupcakes for the Angsty Teen's birthday
  • 4 dozen more cupcakes for a brassline party
  • a 12 pound turkey
  • 4 dozen pork and/or bean and corn tamales (That was a lot of work... but so much fun!)
  • Risotto at the assisted living place where my parents live for a cooking class
  • Mummy hotdogs with The Grand Boys (hotdogs wrapped in crescent roll dough)
  • Carrot soup (Tasted great with Tandoori seasoning added to it!)
  • 4 ingredient g-free Peanut Butter Cookies with the middle of The Grand Boys
  • Wild rice soup (The Angsty Teen's fave.)
  • Pork roast 
  • Two angel food cakes from scratch
  • and probably a few more things I don't remember!
4. The Stern German was out of town for a few days... but now he's home.... 
At least when the dog barks at 4:30 a.m. (the Stern German's normal wake-up time) I don't have to deal with him! (The dog... or the Stern German! Woohoo!)

5. I'm going to get the he** out of Dodge for the weekend!
Gonna go visit one of my best friends who lives five hours away... I'm so excited!

Today I will have the middle of The Grand Boys for the morning... and then I'm heading out.

Let the weekend begin! Hope your weekend is as relaxing and fun as I think mine will be.

3 comments:

  1. I have been asking Jamal to make me an angle food cake!! So good.

    Have a fun weekend with your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend away! I can't believe she has a license now. EEK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeekk...How did your daughter do on Jeopardy??

      Delete