Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Life


Yesterday is over.
(via)
That's good news. It was a day filled with stuff I needed to do for my parents including several medical appointments for my mom.

The day with my parents started with me running over to warm up their car then get my mother to the clinic for some lab work.

My parents don't live far from the clinic... Hey, this is Smalltown, USA... we all live close to everything.

I sat in the waiting area... well, ah... waiting... for my hard-of-hearing mother to get done with her lab work.

When my mom came out of the lab... she told me... well, she announced to me... and to anyone and everyone within earshot of the entire waiting room how it went... and since she used to be a nurse... she only uses correct verbiage for any and all medical situations...

"I HAD TROUBLE WITH MY URINATION!"

I nodded my head and made soft, sympathetic noises (which I now realize she couldn't hear). I was grateful that we had gotten through this loud, grand announcement quite quickly.

But she wasn't done...

"I NEVER HAVE TROUBLE URINATING."

Yep, not done. And not one to give up... she loudly continued...

"I PUSHED AND PUSHED AND PUSHED."

In my head I just kept thinking, "Please be done. Please be done. Please be done." Nope, still not done.

"I DIDN'T THINK I HAD URINATED AT ALL."

Oh, Beverly...

"BUT WHEN I STOOD UP THERE WAS A LOT OF URINE!!!" she finished happily.

This is why I drink.


3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Lots of wine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahhahaaa I love your stories of outings with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That really was 'a-day!' Lucky me has next Monday to look forward ~ taking my 86yr old Dad to the hospital, for a check up in the Gasto section ... just don't even want to think about it. There will be lots of 'Back in my day ...' and 'Why on earth is that person wearing THAT!' Should be entertaining at least ... J

    ReplyDelete