Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Surprise!

Today I was going through a bag of stuff I had stashed in a corner before I went on to California with the Angsty Teen and, after she left, Kati. And, I found a present.
(via)

I got to open a present!

Woohoo! I do like presents.

Well, I like presents that people put thought into choosing for me.

My girls do well with giving me gifts. The Stern German? Well, let's just say there is a bit of room for improvement.

So imagine my surprise when I found something in with my stuff that was rolled up in white packing paper and taped shut.

It wasn't beautifully wrapped...

But it was in my stuff... so I figured I could open it up:

What could it be?
I slowly unrolled it...
 What did I find?

Something I'd been wanting for a long, long time! 

Ceramic Asian spoons! Great colors too.
I burst out laughing because as soon as I saw them I vaguely remembered buying them at Pier1 a couple of days before my trip.
Word.

3 comments:

  1. That the upside of dementia and/or alcoholism. You can totally buy surprises for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!!! I hate to admit how often I do that myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha well little surprises (intended or not) are always good :)

    ReplyDelete