Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkeys, Baby!

When my kids and stepkids were little we used to make turkeys each year out of fudge striped cookies, chocolate cream drops, candy corn and frosting. They looked a little bit like turkeys... and they rarely stood up... and yet everyone loved them.

I had the great idea to make them this week with the residents at the place where my parents live. Thought I should probably do a practice run.

So, last night with The Grand Boys this is what we made:
Not a perfect head... maybe someone nibbled on it?

I replaced the chocolate candy.... thought of using a mini-Reese's, but thought it might not work... with Rice Krispie-type treats. I made a batch of rice cereal bars and scooped them onto parchment paper with a medium sized (vey well sprayed with non-stick spray!) scoop.

I also put a little brown food coloring into the marshmallow mixture.

Then the boys got to work with the frosting and candies...

Okay, well... the youngest one just got busy eating his cookies...

Now I'm off to make them with the geriatric group. 

Pretty sure the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, bind guy will just eat his cookies, too.

2 comments:

  1. Aww they're so cute! I would just eat all the ingredients without making them though. That probably defeats teh purpose...

    ReplyDelete