Monday, December 16, 2013

More Hours in the Day

(via)
It's the week before the week before Christmas.

I felt like I was on top of my game in November... Well... only in the area of gift buying.

I was probably on top of my game as far as baking and decorating too... but only in my head since I had actually started either of those things yet.

It can feel a little overwhelming... what will all the stuff to do to get ready for Christmas. But this is a week that actually has double the number of hours in a day. I should be able to productive beyond belief!

What? Why? I'm sure you are wondering how I'm going to get double the number of hours in my days.

It's kind of a secret...

...but I can tell you.

I might have try sell this idea to other people... so don't tell anyone until I get my patent.

The reason? My brother is coming to town.

I know what you're thinking...

"Wow... that's great. He must be going to help Sally. I bet he is going to do everything for their mom and their diabetic, geriatric, bariatric blind guy dad for the next week so Sally can get stuff done. What a great guy!"

That would be great... but if that's what you thought... you are dead wrong.

Actually, dead, dead wrong. That might be a poor choice of words... one can only hope... just kidding...

My brother is pretty much unhelpful and not fun to be around... and... well... never mind... that's a post for another day.

So... what's my secret for getting more hours in my days?

Well, last week... when my dad asked me how long my brother is staying... I replied, "Huh... guess I wouldn't know that since he hasn't called me about the visit. He just told you and his family were coming when you happened to call him last week."

I continued, "But I'm pretty sure... that no matter how long he stays... it will feel like for-freakin-ever."

The diabetic, geriatric, bariatric blind guy laughed. So, at least he gets that my brother is awful to be around.

So, see? I'm thinking that the two or three days my brother and his family will be here will actually feel like at least two or three times that many days.

In theory, I should be able to get a lot of work done in all the extra time that I will have!

Day after day after freakin' day... so much time... so much work to do...

I probably should've carb loaded last night...

Oh, and if you want your days to slow down... where one day will seem as long as two or three days... so that you can increase your productivity also? Just let me know! I'll arrange for my brother to visit you.

3 comments:

  1. Correction: I hadn't actually started them... the decorating and baking... typo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! That's a pretty good secret to making the days last ;) I hope it means you'll be able to get everything done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that is pretty unfortunately funny. sorry to laugh at your misery

    ReplyDelete