Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Jar

If you were a music-listening person in the 70s and 80s.... then... you are old. Haha... I was going to say, "Just kidding!"... but it's probably true.

This song has been running through my head since last night. Thought I would share it with you so it can get stuck in your head, too!


It's not a bad song; in fact, it's pretty great. It's just that no part of it except the "She's gone."... which I have adjusted in my head to sound like "He's gone." is applicable to my situation.

I just keep singing that one line over and over. And, instead of it sounding like "He's gone."... it sounds a little more like "He's gone!" (Big difference... did you notice the exclamation mark?"

Well, maybe a little more like "He's gone!!!!!"

Okay, maybe a lot more like "HE'S GONE!!!!!"

Probably more like "HE'S GONE!!!!!"

Yeah, you're right. It's definitely more like "HE'S GONE!!!!!"

or "HE'S GONE!!!!!"

or "HE'S GONE!!!!!"

I think you get the idea.

Anyway, I think I pretty much survived my brother's visit... Although they haven't left town yet. But, I'm not slated to see them this morning. They said good bye to us all yesterday/last night. yipee!

If I had a jar like they have on "New Girl"...I know, right? Me referencing something current from a TV show? Well, it's not that current... apparently it's already on season three...

If I had a jar like they have on "New Girl"... If you don't know about the jar... they call it a "douche jar". Urban Dictionary defines "douche" as:
a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another

And on the show anytime anyone says something rude they have to put money in the jar... although... I think it's only Schmidt that ever has to put money in the jar...

That being stated... If I had used a jar like that while my brother was visiting...I would've made bank. He's pretty rude... and, unfortunately, not funny. Just straight up rude.

I'll have to keep that in mind for his next visit in three to five years.

But for now... I'll just keep singing my song...

1 comment: