Friday, December 27, 2013

Tomorrow!

I guess today was Friday. Huh... go figure. I didn't take the time to blog all week.

I  played with this boy this morning... we baked cookies.

We made Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies to share with Kati.

But when Auntie Kati saw how much I let this boy taste all the ingredients... at one point he tried to stick his entire head into the mixing bowl to bob for dough... she chose not to try a cookie. 

I just sent them home with him... I didn't eat one either!

I've (nearly) survived Christmas. We have one more get together on Sunday. But tomorrow? Tomorrow is my birthday!

Today I decided to hit the cleaning of the house hard... Because tomorrow? That is not in my plan.

I really wanted to have help from my girls... but sometimes that's a bit tricky.

Kati had plans with a friend for coffee at 12:30 this afternoon... and now it is 9:00 pm and she just walked in the door. Glad I didn't wait for her to be home to help... I'm too tired to do anymore now.

I I bribed the Angsty Teen to help me. I told her I would give her $20 for one hour of solid work.

I pointed out that it was more than twice the hourly wage she makes working the the little gift shop in town where she occasionally helps out... and she was suddenly on board with the plan.

She was a pretty good worker... she didn't whine or complain much... and we accomplished a lot!

Then tonight after supper, the Stern German, the Angsty Teen, and I did a little more work. Yay!

Since tomorrow is my birthday... I'm starting off the day with mimosas... I'm not going to do any housework...  I'm not going to make anything... I want to be a bum.

I want to sit around...  I want to watch a movie... and... well, do whatever it is that bums do all day... except that I will make my family join me to eat lunch with my parents... Pretty sure that bums don't do that... although my brother ate with them last week... so I guess you could argue that point.

I will make mimosas, dinner plans, and a couple of fun drinks... but that's about it... I hope.

Wish me luck... things rarely turn out as good as I hope they will... but a girl can dream.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a very happy birthday weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday ~ have a drink, or 2 :) for me ~ and keep dreaming ... J

    ReplyDelete