Thursday, February 20, 2014

Snow Day!

For two days we've had GORGEOUS weather. Well, gorgeous for Minnesota in February… 40 degrees… ABOVE ZERO! It's kind of a big deal.
This was the Angsty Teen when we had a sub-zero day and school was cancelled.
But for these same two days there's been murmuring and whispering about a HUGE storm headed this way. This storm is supposed to hit on Thursday… See?


It's not going to be super cold…  but, apparently the threat of the 5-8 inches of snow (which is preceded  with three hours of rain/sleet - also known as "wintry mix". "Wintry mix" is what stranded me overnight in Iowa last March… so, I'm definitely not a fan...) is enough to make the school districts in the area play it safe.

So… Thursday has been declared a Snow Day.

It'll be just me and the Angsty Teen…  together… all day… except for she doesn't really want to do anything with me. She just wants to veg on the couch in the basement and watch One Tree Hill.

I envisioned the two of us hanging out in the kitchen with our adorable aprons baking cookies together.

That is so not going to happen. Every time I try to get her in the kitchen to bake cookies, the Angsty Teen says, "I don't want to make the cookies. I just want to eat them."

Well, I definitely haven't raised her to allow anyone to force her to do something that she doesn't want to do.  I'd like to think that will be beneficial to her in life.

But for now, all my idealistic plans of spending quality mother/daughter time in the kitchen are not going to happen…

I'll let you know how the cookies turn out.
Obviously MARvelous

1 comment:

  1. More cookie dough for you! You could try telling her that if she does not help make the cookies, she does not get to help eat them.

    ReplyDelete