Thursday, April 24, 2014

Oh, Mother.

The last time I posted was when I was going to take my mom to a series of doctor appointments for her back… and I talked about The Big Three items I needed to be sure to take along.
The appointment didn't go as planned, I'll write about that another day, but before that  appointment my mom had one here in our town.

At that appointment, my mom asked me the nurse's name after the nurse had left the room.

"Her name is Cassie," I responded.
"Cathy?" my mom said.

"No, CASSIE," I enunciated more clearly… or so I thought.
"Oh… CATHY!" my mom tried again.

"No," I said shaking my head.
"Spell it," my mom said to me.

"C-A-S-S-I-E," I replied.
"Ok... Cathy," she said.

"No, Cas-sie… as in short for Cassandra?" I tried.
"Oh, I see… Cathy!" she said excitedly.

(Really, mom? Every name you've tried has BEEN THE SAME NAME!)

"C-A-S-S-I-E…. with an 's' sound," I attempted one last time.

"SASSY?" my mom said quizzically.

Yes, because that's what everyone names their kid.

This. is. my. life.

No comments:

Post a Comment