Thursday, July 31, 2014

No Wonder...


In looking back at my calendar for the past two months, it's easy to see why life feels unmanageable.

During the month of June:

  • My mom was in the Emergency Room.
  • My dad, a.k.a. the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy, was in the Emergency Room.
  • There were 16 different appointments… doctor, dentist, Physical Therapy, & blood draw. 

In July:

  • The diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy went to the ER twice, 
  • The diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy went into the hospital for a few days
  • The diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy went to the nursing home. 
  • The Angsty Teen and I spent three hours in the ER due to a migraine she couldn't shake.
  • There were 17 different appointments… doctor, dentist, Physical Therapy, & blood draw.
Some of these appointments are in our town… others are:
  • 20 miles east
  • 60 miles east
  • 30 miles west 

The diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy is still in the nursing home and doing pretty well. He may get a chance to get home again…

Add all of this to just trying to do regular life, and I can see why I'm weary beyond belief…

...but at least I'm staying well-hydrated…

No comments:

Post a Comment