Monday, July 28, 2014

The Usual Drama

Hope your face doesn't stay that way…
That would be unfortunate.
My life is just a little bit crazy. Well, it's more than just a little bit. That's why I haven't posted anything lately. It's been a nuts summer… but I'll spare you the details... for now.

The Angsty Teen has been full-on dramatic this summer...

But summer is winding down here… and marching band practice starts today! (Bye, honey!)

Band practice isn't full days... yet… just a five hour day. So I got up to help the Angsty Teen get out the door for a full morning of marching band.

This is a little of what it entailed:

  1. Listen to her piss and moan about her section.
  2. Listen to her gripe and complain about her pains.
  3. Deal with headache issues (hers…and maybe mine…)
  4. Help her talk through her knee issues.
  5. Make her a protein shake for breakfast.
  6. Fill her half gallon water bottle using water and the giant ice cubes I made last night.
  7. Make new giant ice cubes for tomorrow.
  8. Listen to more bellyaching.
  9. Get her out the door.

Actually, all of that is done. It is 7:30 in the morning.

I'm going to sit and drink a nice, hot cup of coffee.

Yay, me! I blogged!!! Kind of proud of myself.

Well, haven't hit the "Publish" button yet… obviously. My phone just rang…

While the Angsty Teen remembered her meds, her athletic tape, her water, her music, etc… she did forget one thing…

So I just got back from a quick run out to the high school in my PJs… to bring her….

… HER HORN!

Yeah, she might need that...

1 comment:

  1. hahaha oh that girl! She never ceases to crack me up!

    ReplyDelete