Wednesday, November 19, 2014

He's Gone to a Better Place

Remember my dad? The diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy? Well, he's gone to a better place.

Yep, he's gone to the other side.

The other side of town, that is.

He had been in the nursing home since July. He hated it… and I can't say that I blame him. The facility is 50 years old and has never been updated. He shared a bathroom with another resident… and the bathroom was almost too small for his walker to fit into it.

Not a great place for him. But the option to go back and live with my mom didn't seem like it was in the cards either. He just needed too much care.

Then I heard that the three-year-old memory care facility on the other side of town takes people without memory issues. (Well, I mean he has basic 84 year old memory issues, but he's not Alzy… so that's good. Is that an offensive term? Can I say that?)

Anyway, he moved in there about a month ago. He is soooooo much happier. And my mom is glad he is there if he can't be with her.

I'm exhausted from running back and forth to the two places… and from running my mom back and forth every day for a visit… but for the moment… Going to the other side of town has been good.

Maybe I'll eventually find time to blog again regularly… but probably not. :)





3 comments:

  1. I wish I could get my dad to move to a nursing home. He seems to be completely happy living on my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ lol at Holly's comment.
    I'm glad he's happier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sneaky with that lead in...ha! I've been wondering where you went :)

    ReplyDelete